Product Marketing Manager
Are you looking to accelerate your career growth by joining an early-stage company going after a massive market opportunity?
Visor is a fast-growing company simplifying how people work together. Our vision is to become everyone’s favorite place to collaborate on data from anywhere. Visor’s product looks like a spreadsheet so everyone knows how to use it. But it’s the world’s most deeply connected spreadsheet, making entirely new solutions possible.
The company was founded at Harvard. We’re backed by the same investors as Airbnb, Shopify, Zapier, Hubspot, and Warby Parker. We have thousands of users worldwide.
We have raised funding (both announced and unannounced) and have plenty of runway. We don't have plans to fundraise for 2+ years.
We are looking for an experienced B2B product marketer to join our New York-based team and own our product marketing efforts. This role will involve about 75% hands-on implementation work and 25% strategy work. Our sales & marketing strategy focuses on principles of product-led growth, self-service onboarding, and low touch. Therefore, this role will grow Visor’s user base by improving our activation and retention rates by improving the user journey.
You will be the primary voice of Visor to our customers. That includes owning the language inside our product, our emails to customers, and in some of our customer success and marketing materials.
Within three months, you’ll be writing in-product copy and running our email lifecycle programs to improve our onboarding and activation rates. You’ll have established yourself as the go-to expert about our users’ needs, frustrations, and desired outcomes. You’ll have taken ownership of writing our release notes, monthly email newsletters, and email metrics reporting.
In addition, you will know our competitive landscape like the back of your hand. As such, you will create sales enablement content like case studies, competitor comparison charts, whitepapers, and more. You will also update and produce Knowledge Base content and serve as a second line of defense for customer success tickets.
Within 12 months, you’ll have started partnering with our Growth Engineer on projects related to Viral Loops for user acquisition efforts. You will also have identified other verticals for us to go after and partnered with our Head of Marketing about the GTM strategy for these verticals.
Who you are:
- 5+ years experience in B2B Software Product Marketing
- Data-driven product marketer with strong analytical skills — you can drill down quantitative data and distill qualitative into bite-sized and actionable takeaways
- Excellent writer and communicator — experience with in-product copy, help content, and sales enablement content
- Able to record, lightly edit, and publish videos (of yourself and product screencasts)
- Organized and process-driven project manager & marketer
- Possess an intuitive product-sense — you can quickly learn a product fast enough to teach it
- Metrics-obsessed — you can define & measures success metrics for new features, activation, and retention
- A customer research nerd
What you’ll be doing:
- Developing and maintaining the internal materials we use to define our market positioning, customer profiles, and go-to-market strategy
- Creating sales enablement content like case studies, competitor comparison tables, and whitepapers
- Writing in-product copy that users encounter during critical product moments like when users onboard, use key features, encounter an upgrade message, or receive a warning. This copy will help users comprehend core features and increase activations and conversions.
- Establishing and refining our email marketing strategy for customer lifecycle emails and feature announcements.
- Writing the release notes for all our releases
- Ensuring the Knowledge Base is up-to-date, especially as we launch new features that require documentation updates. Knowledge Base content creation will include written articles, visual assets, and recorded how-to videos.
- Supporting the Customer Success team as needed
- Managing new feature launches and projects aimed to improve activation and retention success metrics; reporting on these projects with quantitative data
- Developing playbooks for vertical-specific messaging, value props, use cases, and more
We believe in providing transparency into our pay plans to help eliminate the salary gap. The following describes our expected compensation range for this position. In these annual figures, we include the value of the employee’s regular salary and discretionary bonuses. We do not include other parts of the company’s compensation package, including: equity & options, benefits such as healthcare, unlimited PTO, and budgets for travel & equipment.
Please note that we may be able to extend offers outside of this range in order to match a wider range of candidate experiences and skills. If you are more experienced and have salary expectations higher than this range, please reach out to see if we should continue the conversation.
Primary budgeted range: $90k - $125k
Band 1 - $90k-$100k: This is our band for candidates who generally meet all of our criteria and are early in their career (less than 5 years experience).
Band 2 - $101k - $115k:
This is our main target band for this position. This is the band for candidates who meet all of our criteria and are well-established in their career. Candidates receiving offers in this band will generally have a title matching the seniority of this one and have 5+ years of experience.
Band 3 - $116k - $125k: This is a stretch band. Candidates will be considered for the upper end of our compensation plan if they meet some of the following additional criteria: (A) have substantially more experience than required in the designated area,
(B) have a wider range of experience across other complementary roles,
(C) demonstrated capacity for leadership beyond the expectations of this particular role,
Please note that discretionary bonuses are subject to the terms and conditions of any bonus plan in effect at that time. The amount of such bonus, if any, will be determined at the sole discretion of the company and in no event will employees be eligible for, and employees will not earn or receive, any bonus if you are not employed on the date such bonuses are paid to company employees. You should note that the company may modify salaries and benefits from time to time as it deems necessary. The company reserves the right to amend or withdraw the discretionary bonus, at its absolute discretion.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary with transparency into compensation
- Generous equity
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Unlimited vacation days (with mandatory two weeks)
- Generous budget for purchasing equipment to work from home (Approximately $5,000, including well-spec'ed laptop, Dell Ultrasharp monitor(s), professional microphone & webcam, and accessories)
- Semi-flexible work hours
- Opportunity to work from home (and office, when safety allows)
- Be a charter member of the founding team of a venture-backed company
We are passionate product builders who believe that today’s problems require a fresh perspective. We love our users and are deeply inspired by them. Our team culture values entrepreneurship, positivity, integrity, and continuous learning. We deeply care for one another and believe that the strength of the individual powers the strength of the group. We also believe in paying attention to the small details. To demonstrate that you do, too, please include the word "meticulous" inside your application (in the part asking about your specific experience in the past).
Our company mission is to improve the way the world works. That means we want to improve how our customers do their work, and we also want to have a positive impact on the broader community. We are committed to leaving the world a better place than we found it. We seek to build a team that wants to give back to our communities.
Location & travel:
This is a New York City-based position with flexibility to work from home most of the time. This is not a remote position, and we unfortunately cannot consider candidates who aren't within a day-drive of New York City. For culture-building reasons, we want to maintain a periodic in-person element to our team. We will give preference to those candidates who are within 100 miles of New York City and can easily get to town for periodic social events, planning meetings, or retreats.
There is no specific travel component to any of our roles. However, you should plan to be in NYC about 1-2 days per month, on average, for social events we plan. In addition, you should plan to travel once every 3 months for our offsite retreats that last between 3-5 days. Our retreats are usually within driving distance of NYC. Past retreat locations have included East Hampton, the Poconos, and skiing upstate.
Equal employment opportunity:
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend only to apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes but don't necessarily meet every point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At Visor, we believe in and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
At this time, we are only able to hire individuals who can work lawfully in the United States and will work from within the country. We are not able to sponsor new H-1B cases at this time, transfer visas for those who currently hold a visa with another employer, or hire candidates without legal authorization to work in the United States. We are also not able to consider candidates who do not plan to have their place of work within the United States.
Something looks off?