Senior Content Marketing Manager
Are you looking to accelerate your career growth by joining an early-stage company going after a massive market opportunity?
Visor is a fast-growing company simplifying how people work together. Our vision is to become everyone’s favorite place to collaborate on data from anywhere. Visor’s product looks like a spreadsheet so everyone knows how to use it. But it’s the world’s most deeply connected spreadsheet, making entirely new solutions possible.
The company was founded at Harvard. We’re backed by the same investors as Airbnb, Shopify, Zapier, Hubspot, and Warby Parker. We have thousands of users worldwide.
We have raised funding (both announced and unannounced) and have plenty of runway. We don't have plans to fundraise for 2+ years.
We are looking for an experienced content marketer and strategist to join our New York-based team and own our content marketing and SEO efforts. This role will involve about 60% hands-on implementation work, 25% strategy work, and 15% team leadership & management responsibilities. Our user acquisition strategy heavily focuses on organic search and content marketing. Therefore, this role will grow Visor’s user base and help Visor become a trusted and beloved brand amongst project and product managers.
Content marketing is more than just excellent writing. That's why we're looking for a content marketer who can think creatively and strategically (while also executing). This person will regularly publish hard-to-replicate content that will make Visor attract prospects from Google, social media, and beyond.
Within three months, you'll own our topic cluster strategy and oversee its implementation. That includes developing content that ranks in the SERP, owning our editorial calendar, and determining the direction for future topic clusters. In addition, you will report on key content marketing metrics. You’ll also work with our Head of Marketing on developing content that drives backlinks.
Within 12 months, you’ll have developed a robust blog that attracts thousands of readers seeking project management and product management solutions to their most pressing issues. You’ll manage a Content Writer who will help you hit your publishing goals. In addition, you’ll partner with a Growth Engineer and Marketing Designer to ensure our blog looks great and converts new traffic.
Who you are:
- Bachelors required
- 5+ years of experience working as a Content Marketing Manager at a B2B company.
- Strongly preferred that you have experience working as a Project Manager or a Product Manager and/or have created content for these audiences.
- Content marketing strategist & writer who also loves to execute.
- Above-average familiarity with SEO best practices, including the ability to write and edit with SEO in mind.
- Strong editing skills — can quickly edit and give other writers direction about improving their content.
- World-class writer — able to write compelling blog posts, emails, and other written content.
- No-BS collaborator — bias towards action, not talk of action.
- Detail-oriented. To prove it, please include a sentence in your cover letter referencing this line and include this word: meticulous.
What you’ll be doing:
- Developing & implementing our SEO content/topic cluster strategy
- Reporting on metrics like keyword ranking, traffic, and conversions
- Partnering with design and engineering to improve the blog and content marketing metrics
- Creating hard-to-replicate content that delights prospects and ranks competitively in the SERP
- Managing a junior Content Writer and ensuring they hit your team’s publishing goals
- Hitting publish on blog posts — you are the last set of eyes to see all content
- Working with Head of Marketing on content strategy to drive backlinks
- Ensuring brand voice and aesthetic are consistent on all marketing output you oversee
- Partnering with Product Marketing & Customer Success to develop videos, testimonials, and other content that will elevate your efforts
We believe in providing transparency into our pay plans to help eliminate the salary gap. The following describes our expected compensation range for this position. In these annual figures, we include the value of the employee’s regular salary and discretionary bonuses. We do not include other parts of the company’s compensation package, including: equity & options, benefits such as healthcare, unlimited PTO, and budgets for travel & equipment.
Please note that we may be able to extend offers outside of this range in order to match a wider range of candidate experiences and skills. If you are more experienced and have salary expectations higher than this range, please reach out to see if we should continue the conversation.
Primary budgeted range: $100k - $135k
Band 1 - $100k-$110k: This is our band for candidates who generally meet all of our criteria and are early in their career (less than 5 years of relevant experience).
Band 2 - $111k - $125k:
This is our main target band for this position. This is the band for candidates who meet all of our criteria and are more established in their career. Candidates receiving offers in this band will generally have a title matching the seniority of this one or have more than 5 years of experience.
Band 3 - $126k - $135k: This is a stretch band. Candidates will be considered for the upper end of our compensation plan if they meet some of the following additional criteria: (A) have substantially more experience than required in the designated area,
(B) have a wider range of experience across other complementary roles,
(C) demonstrated capacity for leadership beyond the expectations of this particular role,
Please note that discretionary bonuses are subject to the terms and conditions of any bonus plan in effect at that time. The amount of such bonus, if any, will be determined at the sole discretion of the company and in no event will employees be eligible for, and employees will not earn or receive, any bonus if you are not employed on the date such bonuses are paid to company employees. You should note that the company may modify salaries and benefits from time to time as it deems necessary. The company reserves the right to amend or withdraw the discretionary bonus, at its absolute discretion.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary with transparency into compensation
- Generous equity
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Unlimited vacation days (with mandatory two weeks)
- Generous budget for purchasing equipment to work from home (Approximately $5,000, including well-spec'ed laptop, Dell Ultrasharp monitor(s), professional microphone & webcam, and accessories)
- Semi-flexible work hours
- Opportunity to work from home (and office, when safety allows)
- Be a charter member of the founding team of a venture-backed company
We are passionate product builders who believe that today’s problems require a fresh perspective. We love our users and are deeply inspired by them. Our team culture values entrepreneurship, positivity, integrity, and continuous learning. We deeply care for one another and believe that the strength of the individual powers the strength of the group. We also believe in paying attention to the small details. To demonstrate that you do, too, please include the word "meticulous" inside your application (in the part asking about your specific experience in the past).
Our company mission is to improve the way the world works. That means we want to improve how our customers do their work, and we also want to have a positive impact on the broader community. We are committed to leaving the world a better place than we found it. We seek to build a team that wants to give back to our communities.
Location & travel:
This is a New York City-based remote position, offering the flexibility to work from home while still being connected to an incredible team. Additionally, we also have a co-working space located in NYC for those who prefer in-person collaboration. We will give preference to those candidates who are within 100 miles of New York City; however, if you are not in the New York area we ask that candidates operate within the Eastern Time (ET) zone to ensure optimal collaboration with team members. Our typical working hours are 9am to 6pm ET. Please note that we are only able to consider candidates located within the US.
In addition to enjoying the benefits of remote work, we are committed to fostering camaraderie and connection among our team members through occasional social events and company retreats. You should plan to travel once every 3 months for our offsite retreats that last between 3-5 days. Our retreats are usually within driving distance of NYC. Past retreat locations have included East Hampton, the Poconos, and skiing upstate.
Equal employment opportunity:
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend only to apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes but don't necessarily meet every point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At Visor, we believe in and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
At this time, we are only able to hire individuals who can work lawfully in the United States and will work from within the country. We are not able to sponsor new H-1B cases at this time, transfer visas for those who currently hold a visa with another employer, or hire candidates without legal authorization to work in the United States. We are also not able to consider candidates who do not plan to have their place of work within the United States.