Senior Cost Accountant
- Responsible for the month-end close which would include reviewing all revenue, cost of sales, and inventory-related journal entries and account reconciliations. This includes reserves for refunds, membership and product revenue deferrals, capitalized freight and receiving costs, inventory obsolescence reserves, etc.
- Support reporting on all weekly and monthly revenue and margin information
- Review all inventory purchase price variances, purchase unit variances, and inventory adjustments to validate accuracy, determine proper accounting treatment, and identify root causes. Partner with accounts payable, procurement, and fulfillment center staff to resolve and improve processes as needed.
- Help develop and implement monthly reporting of fulfillment center cycle count activities, designed to monitor compliance with our cycle count program policies, report count variance statistics, and evaluate program efficiency (FC hours/location counted).
- Support the testing and validation effort on all revenue and inventory-related system implementations, including our current project to integrate our order management system with NetSuite.
- Review reconciliations of data in the warehouse management system and NetSuite and work with the technology team to identify root causes and implement corrections needed.
- Help identify control gaps and build out new controls and processes as needed to strengthen our control environment and improve accounting and reporting accuracy.
- Other ad hoc analysis and reporting, as needed
- 3+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Experience in inventory/cost accounting
- Strong accounting knowledge and understanding of GAAP
- CPA or progress towards obtaining a license.
- Must be highly proficient in Excel, including Pivot Tables, VLookUp’s, Sumifs etc
- Analytical mindset & ability to work with large sets of data
- Ability to work under pressure, often in a deadline-driven environment, and ability to perform several tasks concurrently
- Must possess excellent critical thinking, problem-solving skills, and superior attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
- Prior experience in e-commerce or CPG is a plus
BELONG TO A BETTER COMPANY
- Comprehensive health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
- Competitive salary (DOE) + equity
- 401k plan
- 12 Days of Observed Holiday
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Subsidized ClassPass Membership with access to fitness classes and wellness and beauty experiences
- Ability to work in our beautiful co-working space at WeWork in Playa Vista and other locations
- Dog-Friendly Office
- Free Thrive Market membership with exclusive employee discount
- Coverage for Life Coaching & Therapy Sessions on our holistic mental health and well-being platform
- Compensation Description - The base salary range for this position is $90,000-100,000/Per Year.
- Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and geographic location.
- Total Compensation includes Base Salary, Stock Options, Health and Wellness Benefits, Flexible PTO, and more!