- Design, improve and administer Amazon AWS-hosted cloud infrastructure and services
- Create automated orchestration and deployment solutions using Puppet, Terraform, Docker and Kubernetes
- Manage and optimize large-scale, cloud-hosted MySQL, Postgres, Redis and Elasticsearch DBs
- Contribute to planning for disaster recovery, capacity expansion, and system upgrades
- Assist other engineering groups on their journey to containers/Kubernetes, IaC and cloud native architecture
- Assist in security audits, vulnerability assessment and system hardening initiatives
- Support our development teams and join weekly on-call rotations
- Experience with config management/IaC systems and deployment tools (Puppet, Ansible, Terraform)
- Experience in a Systems Engineering/DBA/DevOps role, or very strong SysAdmin and MySQL DBA experience
- Experience developing applications in one of the following: Python, Ruby, PHP, Go, Java
- Strong experience in managing Linux based infrastructure, preferably Debian/Ubuntu
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact to the organization's success
- Experience troubleshooting problems and working with multiple teams to resolve large-scale production issues
- Deep knowledge and experience with the following tools and technologies: Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, Docker
- Knowledgeable with Kubernetes and EKS, cluster management and scaling, deployments
- Proficiency with continuous integration and deployments using Jenkins, Concourse and GitLab CI; knowledge of A/B, in-place, rolling, and phased deployment methodologies
- Knowledge of Java/JVM and garbage collection tuning
- Understanding of monitoring and systems tools like ELK stack, Logstash, Prometheus, New Relic, Grafana, InfluxDB, etc.
- Good understanding of networking fundamentals and protocols
- Basic understanding of storage architectures and design
- Experience in the E-commerce space is a plus!
- Experience in a startup environment is a plus!
- Good critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills - we work cohesively and want to bring in folks who seek to drive unity
- Ability to independently lead and execute projects
- Curious, hungry, proactive, results-oriented, data-driven, and thrives in fast-paced, team-oriented environments
BELONG TO A BETTER COMPANY:
- Comprehensive health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
- Competitive salary (DOE) + equity
- 401k plan
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Subsidized ClassPass Membership with access to fitness classes and wellness and beauty experiences
- Stocked kitchen in our Thrive Market Home Office with Thrive Market products
- Dog-Friendly Office
- Yoga, meditation and other weekly events for mindfulness
- Coverage for Life Coaching & Therapy Sessions on our holistic mental health and well-being platform
- Free Thrive Market membership and discount on private label products
- Casual atmosphere and great people to work with
- Compensation Description - The base salary range for this position is $130,000 - $160,000/Per Year.
- Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and geographic location.
- Total Compensation includes Base Salary, Stock Options, Health & Wellness Benefits, Flexible PTO, and more!