Surf Air Mobility is building a world where air travel is the most sustainable, affordable, comfortable, quiet, and fastest way to travel any distance. We have brought all the pieces together to accelerate the next great revolution in aviation: electric flight. By unlocking affordable, more sustainable, personalized air transportation for everyone, Surf Air Mobility promises to bring aviation into the modern age.
There are two primary departments that work closely together: Marketplace and Air Operations. We are looking for talented individuals that are passionate about shaping the future of air mobility and inventing something the world has never seen before.
The Strategy Team at SAM is dedicated to helping leaders make insight-driven, data-supported and informed decisions across all aspects of the business. Our team captures a breadth of experience in large-scale problem solving, industry specific expertise, market analysis and financial reconnaissance which we combine to best understand the impact of the meaningful decisions being made at SAM.
As Manager, Strategy you will report directly to the VP, Strategy through your work on high-profile projects focused on SAM internal strategy, operations and growth opportunities. You will be responsible for the ownership of specific workstreams driving these projects to success by performing research, managing data / financial models and presenting executive-level findings to the CSO / CEO. Additionally, you will act as a key liaison for the Strategy team across the engineering, commercial and technology groups at SAM, gathering expert input to help guide the future of the company.
- Help support the evolution of our go-to-market strategy by providing research and data driven insight on the pricing, marketing and execution aspects of our commercialization plan
- Partner with key decision makers across the organization to help drive forward our major strategic initiatives (e.g.: electrification, regional expansion)
- Create and maintain marketing materials focused on various fundraising workstreams at SAM
- Through market and financial analytics, provide leadership with regular research to further equip them with information pertinent to the success of our business
- Help with the assessment of potential target companies by supporting the operational and financial due diligence process
- Evolve and own SAM’s financial and operating model which acts as the source of truth for our forecasting / planning needs
- 3+ years of experience in consulting, finance or corporate strategy at a medium-large company
- Process and project management with an ability to translate high-level ideas into clear and concise presentations
- Experience in analytics, planning and the preparation of executive materials
You will find success in this role by leveraging a deep analytical toolkit, being a self-starter, applying a collaborative approach to problem solving and being passionate about high-impact, informative outputs. Experience in the aviation sector is not a requisite although being excited about SAM’s mission is appreciated.
Pay: $125,000-175,000/yr + Bonus
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
At Surf Air Mobility, we are committed to building a more inclusive ecosystem that integrates women, people of color, and other underrepresented groups into the cleantech sector and aerospace industry. We strongly encourage applications from qualified applicants and members of underrepresented groups. Surf Air Mobility is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Surf Air Mobility is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Something looks off?