Tech Lead / Engineering Manager
- Lead the engineering function for Shef: (1) make technical decisions (2), manage and motivate a team of engineers (3) grow the team as the company scales.
- Work closely with our Head of Product and CEO to build a scalable product that delights customers.
- Build and manage our full-stack infrastructure.
- Collaborate on building a product roadmap and lead a team in executing on it.
- Be a culture leader that instills Shef’s values and mission into each team member.
- Lead changes across the organization to improve performance in these key areas.
- 5+ years of engineering experience, with 3+ years experience leading engineering teams.
- Strong full-stack technical skills building a web-based consumer facing product and expertise in React, Node and Typescript.
- Track record of successfully managing, motivating and mentoring individuals and coaching them into leaders.
- Consistent demonstration of hard work and a bias for action.
- Attitude of continuous improvement, to better themselves and those on their team.
- Strong communication, with ability to distill complexity into clear and concise messaging.
- Functional leadership capabilities, to recruit, manage, and develop high-performing teams.
- High degree of empathy, with tendency to listen first and to make an impact through service.
- Strategic mindset, with ability to understand and have a clear point of view on the tradeoffs between time, cost and quality.
- Passionate about Shef’s mission to provide talented cooks with economic opportunity and to share their food with our communities
- Hybrid role in the San Francisco Bay Area.