Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Rebuy - Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Rebuy is SaaS application that is redefining data-powered shopping experiences with a new breed of personalization and merchandising solutions, which turn intelligence into revenue-generating actions.
Rebuy is a fully remote company and trusted by some of the fastest growing brands in DTC such as Aviator Nation, Liquid Death, Magic Spoon, Blenders, Laird Superfoods, Primal Kitchen and many more.
We value ownership, self-motivation, and empathy. Each team member plays a significant role in the company, and is helping to shape the future of intelligent commerce. We build strong and lasting partnerships with all of our merchants and partners, provide a safe and fun work environment, and truly love what we do.
About the role:
- We are looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to join our team. As a member of the ML/AI team, you will leverage cutting edge deep/machine learning techniques to enhance (and personalize) our search, recommendation, and chat offerings. Senior members of the ML/AI team influence the company’s technical direction based on a deep understanding of machine learning concepts and a working knowledge of our production systems and codebase. This influence will help to guide our AI-related technical strategy and long-term vision for the products that we want to build. The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment, have familiarity interacting with common third-party frameworks (e.g., PyTorch, OpenAI, HuggingFace), and be capable of implementing production-level machine learning systems.
What you’ll do:
- Build and maintain data infrastructure to support machine learning models being served in production. Own the technical direction of the data infrastructure that will be used to power all ML functionality.
- Prototype, evaluate, deploy, and monitor machine/deep learning models that power different components of our search and recommendations systems (e.g., embedding models, models for retrieval/ranking, etc.).
- Interact frequently with the ML/AI team to discuss research, ideas, and ML-related solutions to company problems. Identify opportunities to implement and deploy useful machine learning algorithms.
- Willingness (and excitement) to be an active and impactful member of a close team of ML experts that work every day to make cool ideas a reality.
- The ideal candidate:
- Stays up-to-date with trends/research in ML.
- Has excellent listening and communication skills.
- Effectively manages their time between competing priorities.
- Is willing to work both independently and in collaboration with others to meet team objectives.
- M.Sc. Degree or equivalent of work experience.
- 5+ years of experience with production-level machine learning systems.
- Proficient in Python.
- Experience with:
- Building and maintaining large-scale data infrastructure.
- Scalable, python-based ML tools (e.g., PyTorch and Dask).
- MLOps and orchestration tools (e.g., Prefect, Seldon, MLFlow, and Kubernetes).
Nice to have:
- Ability to clearly communicate what you are working on, how it works, and how it solves a tangible problem faced by the company.
- Working understanding of search and recommendation systems.
- Familiarity using/training large language models (LLMs).
- Knowledge of the Go programming language.
- Remote work experience.
- Startup experience.
Rebuy is a fully remote company and we provide our employees with everything they need to succeed both professionally and personally.
- Work from anywhere (with a strong internet connection)
- 100% free health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Flexible vacation, paid holidays, parental leave, and sick leave policies
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Company contributes 3% of your salary as a 401(k) bonus (no vesting)
- Amazing team of highly talented and driven people, redefining intelligent commerce