Senior Back End Software Engineer (PHP) - REMOTE
Rebuy - Senior Back End Software Engineer (PHP)
Rebuy is SaaS application that is redefining data-powered shopping experiences with a new breed of personalization and merchandising solutions, which turns intelligence into revenue-generating actions.
Rebuy is a fully remote company and trusted by some of the fastest growing brands in DTC such as Aviator Nation, Liquid Death, Magic Spoon, Blenders, Laird Superfoods, Primal Kitchen and many more.
We value empathy, hard work and respect. Each team member plays a significant role in the company, and is helping to shape the future of intelligent commerce. We build strong and lasting partnerships with all of our merchants and partners, provide a safe and fun work environment, and truly love what we do.
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Back-End Software Engineer to join our team. You will influence the company's technical direction based on mastery of codebase. Leadership through modeling of technical excellence, elevating org-wide practices, and guiding long-term vision.
The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-past environment, be adept at quickly navigating and interfacing with various third-party APIs and environments, and deliver scalable solutions.
What you’ll do
- Engage daily with the scrum team to groom and complete stories from the backlog
- Write PHP code focused on scalability, testability, supportability and maintainability
- Identify areas of improvement during execution and implementation to guide product development
- Assist in troubleshooting and triaging production issues across multiple levels of the stack
- Building, maintaining, and documenting new services
- BS degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant work experience in a PHP environment
- Solid understanding of GO programming language
- Excellent MySQL skills
- Strong understanding of performant SaaS environment
- Demonstrated excellence in listening and communication
- Time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with internal and external teams
- Self-motivated, driven, and willing to take ownership and responsibility
- Familiarity with MVC architecture
Nice to haves:
- Remote work experience
- Startup experience
- SaaS experience
- Atlassian/Jira experience
- Scrum/Agile experience
- Shopify REST/GraphQL API
- Familiarity with NoSQL, BigTable, GCP, Docker, Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Python, Perl, Ruby
Rebuy is a fully remote company and we provide our employees with everything they need to succeed both professionally and personally.
- Work from anywhere (with a strong internet connection)
- 100% free health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Flexible vacation, paid holidays, parental leave, and sick leave policies
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Company contributes 3% of your salary as a 401(k) bonus (no vesting)
- Amazing team of highly talented and driven people, redefining intelligent commerce