Analytics Engineer - LATAM
- Collaborate with your team in creating shared data assets generating visibility into critical business metrics.
- Work cross functionally with our functional teams to develop the insights needed to make important decisions.
- Your responsibilities may look like helping your team with updating data models using dbt, creating data sets, setting standards for organizing data sets and views, conducting ad hoc analyses and data pulls, and creating dashboards from data sets you create.
- Strong familiarity with SQL, dbt, and some experience transforming data warehouse (Snowflake) tables into critical self-serve data artifacts that power impactful analytic use cases (e.g. metrics, dashboards) and empower data consumers.
You have many of the following:
- 3-5+ years of experience working with data
- Experience using dbt core or dbt cloud and knowledge of best practices (Required)
- Experience working with data warehouses (Snowflake) (Required)
- Strong Proficiency in SQL and experience working with relational databases (writing optimized SQL, working with views, using CTEs, etc)
- Solid understanding of dimensional modeling/data warehousing concepts and ETL processes
- Experience working with different file formats (e.g. csv, excel, google sheets, json) Eager to promote a culture of knowledge sharing and collaboration
- Great organizational skills – you understand the importance of documenting and maintaining internal knowledge base articles and resources
- Curious and eager to learn new things - even if it’s outside of your daily responsibilities
- Accountable - You take ownership of your work, the answers you provide to others, and learn from your mistakes
- Resourceful - You might not have all the answers, but you know how to find them
- Ability to work independently, exercise critical thinking, and communicate complex problems and recommendations clearly and concisely to different audiences
Highly Preferred but not required:
- Experience with Fivetran and best practices
- Experience using dbt with continuous integration (CI) workflow
- Some familiarity with bi tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Experience in at least one programming language (e.g. Python) and associated analytics libraries for data analysis (e.g. Pandas, matplotlib, numpy, etc.)
- Experience working in JiraExperience with github
- Ability to translate project requirements into a set of technical sub-tasks that build towards a final deliverable