Financial Planner - Part Time
At Northstar, we're making it easy for everyone to access affordable, personalized financial advice. We believe that financial wellness starts with a single paycheck. That's why we work with leading companies to provide 1-on-1 financial advisors and personal finance tools as an employee benefit. Northstar’s financial wellness program helps employees make the most of their total compensation, and helps companies support their teams at scale through onboarding, open enrollment, equity, events, and more.
We've raised more than $40M from investors including GGV Capital, PayPal Ventures, Thomson Reuters Ventures, Canvas Ventures, M13, Foundation Capital, and Workday Ventures. Our employer customers include Zoom, Snap, NerdWallet, Superhuman, Virgin Orbit, and more.
Financial Planner - Part-Time Overview
We're looking for people who are excited about our vision and mission. We're redefining the category of financial wellness, and have passionate customers who can vouch for this. As a Northstar Planner, you will work with clients 1-1 to help them achieve their financial goals and break down the barriers to receiving actionable financial advice. You will manage a book of business across multiple employers and help your clients reach their financial goals by providing individualized financial advice.
What you'll do:
- Support clients across a wide ranging set of financial objectives such as Budgeting, Debt Management, Emergency Savings, Retirement, and Investing, and planning for Life Events
- Give actionable advice for clients to improve financial health, maximize employer benefits, and make the most of their compensation.
- Establish easy to follow action plans that assist the client in reaching their personal financial goals
- Proactively ask and answer questions for clients, to provide both financial and emotional support to break down financial barriers
- As a Northstar financial advisor, we consider you part of the product team. We want to hear from you how we can use technology to make the customer experience better.
Who you are:
- CFP® designation required, other designations such as CPA/PFS, EA, ChFC
- 3+ years in providing financial advice across varying demographics and financial situations
- Ability to build a trusting relationship over video and phone calls
- You are empathetic, kind, and emotionally intelligent. You know when to take a quantitative logical approach and when to take an emotional approach.
- You operate with a high level of autonomy in a remote environment and are a self starter
- Clean U-4 and able to be registered with an RIA
- Able to work a flexible schedule of between 5-20 hours per week
- We're mission-driven. We founded Northstar on the belief that every person deserves personalized, and affordable financial management, without the fear of being sold to
- We've hit an inflection point with product-market fit. We have passionate, paying customers, and are scaling quickly
- We have a cross-functional team that is uniquely suited to solve this problem, everyone contributes to solving a problem in their unique ways
- We invest in the personal and professional growth of every team member
- We offer a competitive salary, sick pay and paid time off for part-time employees
- We provide equipment for you to succeed in your role
- We are 100% fully remote
For this role, the estimated pay range is between $31.00 and $42.00 an hour. The listed range is a guideline and the final pay will vary based on your location skills and readiness for the role assessed during the interview process.