Personal Financial Planner - China
At Northstar, we're making it easy for everyone to access affordable, personalized financial advice. We believe that financial wellness starts with a single paycheck. That's why we work with leading companies to provide 1-on-1 financial advisors and personal finance tools as an employee benefit. Northstar’s financial wellness program helps employees make the most of their total compensation, and helps companies support their teams at scale through onboarding, open enrollment, equity events, and more.
We've raised more than $40M from investors including GGV Capital, PayPal Ventures, Thomson Reuters Ventures, Canvas Ventures, M13, Foundation Capital, and Workday Ventures. Our employer customers include Zoom, Snap, NerdWallet, Superhuman, Virgin Orbit, and more.
Financial Planner - China:
After a successful launch in the US, Northstar is expanding to provide this financial guidance benefit to more employees in the China.
We are looking for a financial advisor to support Northstar's launch on a contractor basis (10-20 hours per week). You’re joining a team of financial planners from around the world. It will involve working directly with Northstar members (client’s employees) to provide client-first financial guidance.
We're most importantly looking for someone who is excited about our vision and mission. We're redefining the category of financial wellness and are passionate about making financial planning accessible to all.
What you'll do:
- Provide actionable guidance to improve clients' financial health, through individual, targeted questions or comprehensive planning.
- Provide education via online video presentations that empowers employees to maximize their employer benefits.
- Support clients and build trusting relationships over a text-based interface, phone, and video calls
- Serve as a subject-matter expert on financial planning topics in your country
Who you are:
- Active Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) designation to provide financial advice
- Expertise in all major financial planning topics, such as buying real property, creating a budget, analyzing insurance needs, and employer equity benefits (such as RSUs and ESPPs).
- Experience using financial planning software, adaptability to Northstar proprietary software, and proficiency performing custom spreadsheet analyses in excel/google sheets
- Strong qualities of empathy, kindness, and emotional intelligence.
- A high level of agency in a remote startup environment, a bias toward action, an entrepreneurial spirit, and comfort with ambiguity in a rapidly growing startup.
- Excellent writing skills and communication skills for a text-based client relationship.
- Excellent writing skills and communication skills in both Chinese and English
- We're mission-driven. We founded Northstar on the belief that every person deserves the best objective, personalized, and affordable financial management. We don't make money from secret referral fees and are completely aligned with the customer.
- This allows you to do “real” financial planning centered around the needs of the employee - no business development or investment trading.
- We are a fintech doing financial planning in an innovative way. You’ll be exposed to the future of financial planning that increases access to advice.
- You’ll work with clients across the age and income spectrum so you’ll always have variety!
- You’ll have international colleagues and learn best practices from planners around the world.
- We are 100% fully remote, with flexible work schedules.
- You can do this alongside your own business - Independent Financial Advisors are invited to apply!