Mid-Market Account Executive
At Northstar, we're making it easy for everyone to access affordable, personalized financial advice. We believe that financial wellness starts with a single paycheck. That's why we work with leading companies to provide 1-on-1 financial advisors and personal finance tools as an employee benefit. Northstar’s financial wellness program helps employees make the most of their total compensation, and helps companies support their teams at scale through onboarding, open enrollment, equity events, and more.
We've raised more than $40M from investors including GGV Capital, PayPal Ventures, Thomson Reuters Ventures, Canvas Ventures, M13, Foundation Capital, and Workday Ventures. Our employer customers include Zoom, Snap, NerdWallet, Superhuman, Virgin Orbit, and more.
Mid-Market Account Executive Overview
This person will be a foundational member of our quickly growing Account Executive team. We are looking for an Account Executive who will be able to bring their best sales practices to help fuel Northstar’s growth. A successful candidate is someone who is collaborative, a team player, and can work with executives at a growth stage company. This role will report to the Director of Sales.
What you'll do:
- Communicate the Northstar vision and opportunity for prospects, through a combination of quantitative ROI and qualitative value propositions
- Own the end-to-end full sales cycle from qualification to close
- Collaborate with Marketing, SDR, & Broker Partnerships teams to qualify new leads
- Prospect into potential customers in partnership with key HR/benefits brokers
- Build strong relationships and champions within prospects to drive deal to close
- Partner with other Northstar teams (e.g. marketing, financial advisors, and product) to improve our go-to-market narrative and motion
- Continue to build relationships with prospects even when it’s not a fit at the time
- Manage your sales pipeline in Hubspot according to best practices
- Contribute to Northstar’s overall go-to-market strategy and direction. Help build out resources for team scale and efficiency
Who you are:
- You have 3-5 years' of Mid-Market software sales experience
- Experience working in the Human Resources industry strongly preferred
- Have experience selling into and working with HR, connections in the industry and knowledge in the space
- Have experience in the early high growth stages of a startup, before systems and processes have been completely established, and are excited to help build them
- A relationship-oriented and team-oriented seller
- A charismatic seller capable of inspiring a buyer and organization
- Passionate about our mission of making financial wellness accessible to every individual
- Experience using tools like Hubspot, Sales Navigator, Gong, and others
- We're mission-driven. We founded Northstar on the belief that every person deserves personalized and affordable financial management without the fear of being sold to
- We've hit an inflection point with product-market fit. We have passionate, paying customers, and are scaling quickly
- We have a cross-functional team is uniquely suited to solve this problem, everyone contributes to solving a problem in their unique ways
- We invest in the personal and professional growth of every team member
- We offer a competitive salary, equity, 401k, Northstar service, and benefits like 12 weeks paid parental leave to support your whole life
- We have a flexible time off policy and we encourage our employees to take a minimum of 14 Flex Days a year
- We provide a budget to set up or improve your home office
- We are 100% fully remote
Something looks off?