Head of Marketing
Marketing & Communications
Miami, FL, USA
Posted on Thursday, July 21, 2022
At Milo, we are reimagining the way global consumers access credit and financial services in a borderless world and are on the mission to build a digital bank for global & crypto consumers. We are the first digital home lending solution for global consumers who want to buy or cash out on their US real estate. Our platform is built to empower our consumers navigating unique challenges in the US real estate investment process.
Our innovative Crypto solution is the first to bridge the physical and digital world. We are empowering investors to diversify in real estate without selling their cryptocurrency. We understand the importance of keeping your crypto & want you to keep the upside while investing in your wealth – our strategy matches yours - keeping HODLing!
Milo was founded in 2018. We are a venture backed fintech headquartered in beautiful Miami. In Q1 2022, we closed the first crypto mortgage in the world and have been featured in Bloomberg, CNBC, Wall Street Journal and Forbes.
We’re ready to Unlock What’s Possible! Are you?
About the Role:
Milo is looking for a Head of Marketing to join us as we build our in-house marketing function. The Head of Marketing will lead our marketing efforts and help accelerate our exciting growth! We are looking for a proven leader who has demonstrated success operating in a high-growth startup environment. You have experience building and managing a high-performing marketing team while creating & executing an effective strategy for end-to-end marketing initiatives in brand, product, content, and acquisition marketing. You will work cross-functionally with Business Development, Loan Operations, Product and other internal teams to develop a world-class brand. You are an analytical and creative leader, able to work hands-on with data as well as develop effective ways to engage our audiences.
- Own the strategy and execution for all marketing channels including digital, content marketing, product marketing, email campaigns, social, conferences/events, and our CRM systems
- Develop engaging content and collateral to demonstrate Milo’s value proposition to differentiate our brand in the market and engage users
- Engage the crypto community by designing world-class content and engaging with customers
- Measure and track the success of all marketing initiatives, deliver insights to help improve ROI for marketing spend, and aim to continuously grow while reducing CAC
- Develop full-funnel acquisition marketing strategy, optimizing proven channels while testing new channels and formats
- Build and mentor the marketing team, as well as run external agencies and vendor results and relationships
- Leverage industry knowledge and research to identify new ways to connect with consumers
- Manage and optimize budget
- 8+ years experience at a high-growth startup; 4+ years in a leadership role building a marketing function
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing; Masters/MBA a plus!
- History of successful partnership with sales, product, and engineering teams to understand the user and bring products to market
- Demonstrated ability to market a new innovative product in a simple, attractive way to customers
- Proven success in developing and executing marketing campaigns and strategies that have generated measurable results, ideally with experience with D2C channels
- Data-driven, ROI-obsessed and continuously testing to refine tactics using data in pursuit of demand generation and revenue growth
- A team player with the desire to jump in and get your hands dirty as needed.
- High-performing self-starter, with strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Strong communication and partnership skills; able to collaborate through complex problems and lead to positive outcome while incorporating cross-functional input
- Ability to estimate work, commit, and deliver on deadlines and be vocal when risks arise
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Excited to join a startup, have a big impact and put in the hustle required to get things done!
Bonus Points for:
- Experience in Fintech, the mortgage industry, Real Estate, or Real Estate Tech
- Understanding of foreign national consumers
- Passion and understanding of cryptocurrencies
- Multilingual (English, Spanish, & Portuguese)
We're self-starters who are passionate and enthusiastic about what we do. Our culture is high output and low drama—doing great work, constantly improving and celebrating our success. If you've got vision, drive, and a roll-up your sleeves attitude, you'll fit right in. The Milo team is creating new technology solutions that are both elegant and scalable, and if that fires you up, join us!
Our Core Values:
Always do what is right and fair - for our clients, our partners, and our company.
Simple, Fast, & Obvious
Create simple solutions. Move Fast. Build trust through the process.
Our team is always learning! We’re not afraid to ask questions, make mistakes, and find new ways.
We work hard through our challenges, commit to a plan, and never give up in the process!
Our Benefits & Perks:
- WFH Wednesdays!
- Competitive compensation to the market and tech ecosystem
- Stock options, giving you ownership in a fast-growing company
- Generous vacation policy with 4 weeks PTO per year, encouraging our employees to disconnect, relax, & reenergize, plus 11 paid federal holidays
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance with up to $1,000 of premiums covered per month
- Option to save for your future and enroll into our 401K program
- Your choice of equipment for you to get your job done!
- Fully stocked kitchen & fridge -- with all the coffee, seltzers, & snacks you’ll need to fuel yourself through the day
- Monthly social hours, ping pong tournaments, happy hours, etc.
- Quarterly out of office team-building events and bi-monthly wellness challenges
- New office in the heart of Wynwood with a fun, energetic, & hardworking team committed to creating a product making a difference
See more open positions at Milo
Something looks off?