Operations & Strategy Coach
About The Role
We are always looking for senior leaders in strategy & operations roles with experience in the tech industry who value learning, growth, and community and who are passionate about developing and coaching people in their field.
As a Mento coach, you will form 1:1 partnerships with our members to help them define their north star, identify clear goals, become a better leader, communicate more effectively, problem solve issues at work, and help them feel happy, fulfilled, and engaged at work and beyond.
Since you don’t need coaching experience to be a coach at Mento, all Mento coaches participate in our coach onboarding program to learn hands-on skills as a coach and engage with our coaching community before you work with our members.
Your routine responsibilities will include:
- Providing 1:1 coaching, feedback, and support through virtual sessions and the Mento Platform
- Participating in weekly training sessions to improve coaching abilities and skills
- Communicating with members via the Mento Platform for important life events outside of sessions
- Being an integral member of the Mento coaching community by sharing coaching tools and insights — helping enhance our coaching practices and fulfill our mission of empowering people to thrive in jobs that they love
- Acting with kindness, respect, and empathy as an ambassador of the Mento community
Who are you?
- A director, vice president, or other senior strategy & operations leader with 10+ years experience managing strategy & ops teams and coaching individuals (coaching certificates are not required but a plus).
- Someone that wants to turn their people leadership skills into meaningful coaching skills.
- Passionate about helping people advance in the workplace and build fulfilling careers and lives.
- A person who is self aware, who has a high emotional IQ, and who cares about creating a safe space for others to risk being vulnerable.
- Excited about growing your coaching skills, and you bring a growth-mindset to the experience, regardless of how long you have been a coach.
- Comfortable working in a constantly-changing startup environment.
At Mento, we invite new coaches to join us on a rolling basis. The timeframe on which we add new coaches is based on the particular needs of our clients and their teams. While we may not need to add a Operations & Strategy Coach today, we would still be very excited for you to get in touch with us now if this opportunity resonates with you.
- This is a contract position in which coaches are paid per hour. On top of a flat hourly rate, we offer bonuses that incentivizes engagement with our membership and community growth on our platform
- You must have the capacity to give a minimum of three to five hours per week towards Mento.
- We ask that you commit to working with Mento for 12 months in order to build meaningful relationships with our members.
- This is a fully remote position. Candidates must be based in North America or Europe.
- Because this is a part-time growth opportunity, we are looking to hire experienced senior leaders who want to expand their coaching skills
Our Hiring Philosophy:
All new Mento coaches go through our coach training program: Coaching 101. This training is rigorous, and our goal is that the majority of our coaches are able to be matched soon after they complete it. We want to make sure that we are both setting people up for success and respecting everyone’s time. Therefore, we hire based on demand. While we are constantly looking and interviewing for the best coaches to join our team, we will only send offers to candidates that we have an immediate need for. For coaches who receive a YES from Mento after the interview process, you will either be sent an offer to join the next monthly Coaching 101 or be added to our coach shortlist to join us when the time is right!
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Research shows that candidates from unrepresented backgrounds may not apply to jobs unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all the requirements.