HealthcareTech Coach - Clinical Research (PharmD)
About The Role
We are looking for senior leaders in the HealthTech space who have made a successful transition from an academic or clinical research setting into the HealthTech industry. Our ideal candidates are passionate about learning, growth, and community and are dedicated to developing and coaching individuals who are making a similar career transition as they have.
Since you don’t need coaching experience to be a coach at Mento, candidates who receive an offer will participate in our coach training program to learn hands-on skills as a coach and engage with our coaching community before you work with our members.
Your routine responsibilities will include:
- Providing 1:1 coaching, feedback, and support through virtual sessions on the Mento Platform
- Participating in weekly training sessions to improve coaching abilities and skills
- Communicating with members via the Mento Platform for important life events outside of sessions
- Being an integral member of the Mento coaching community by sharing coaching tools and insights — helping enhance our coaching practices and fulfill our mission of empowering people to thrive in jobs that they love
- Acting with kindness, respect, and empathy as an ambassador of the Mento community
Who are you?
- You are someone who has made a successful career transition from academia or clinical research organization to a leadership role in the HealthTech space.
- You have clinical data management experience and are a functional leader within healthcare tech or biotech industries
- You deeply understand the intricacies of clinical studies, regulatory requirements, information governance frameworks, and data management practices.
- You have 10-15+ years of relevant work experience across academia and doing clinical research, and in the healthcare technology space.
- You are passionate about coaching and have meaningful coaching experience, either informally or formally. A coaching certification is a plus but not required.
- You are excited to turn your people leadership skills into meaningful coaching skills and, and you bring a growth-mindset to your coaching journey, regardless of how long you have been a coach.
- You are a person who is self-aware, who has a high emotional IQ, and who cares about creating a safe space for others to risk being vulnerable.
- You are comfortable working in a constantly-changing startup environment.
- This is a contract position in which coaches are paid per hour. On top of a flat hourly rate, we offer bonuses that incentivizes engagement with our membership and community growth on our platform
- You must have the capacity to complete our 8-week Coaching 101 training and give a minimum of three hours per week towards your Mento members.
- We ask that you commit to working with Mento for 12 months in order to build meaningful relationships with our members.
- This is a fully remote position. Candidates must be based in North America or Europe.
- Because this is a part-time growth opportunity, we are looking to hire experienced senior leaders who want to expand their coaching skills
Our Hiring Philosophy:
All new Mento coaches go through our coach training program: Coaching 101. This training is rigorous, and our goal is that the majority of our coaches are able to be matched soon after they complete it. We want to make sure that we are both setting people up for success and respecting everyone’s time. Therefore, we hire based on demand. While we are constantly looking and interviewing for the best coaches to join our team, we will only send offers to candidates that we have an immediate need for. For coaches who receive a YES from Mento after the interview process, you will either be sent an offer to join the next monthly Coaching 101 or be added to our coach shortlist to join us when the time is right!
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Research shows that candidates from unrepresented backgrounds may not apply to jobs unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all the requirements.