Business Development Representative
Mento is a career technology company. We are on a mission to unlock human potential through happiness and fulfillment at work by becoming the leading operating system used by companies, teams, and individuals to manage their careers.
We strive to create a fun, conscientiousness, collaborative, and supportive work environment, and are looking for several team members to join us! We are a remote-first company based in the US and Europe with ~$8M raised from leading VCs and angel investors.
About The Role
We are expanding our sales team as we continue to scale our go-to-market. You will be joining Mento at an exciting inflection point: a seed-stage company that has started to meaningfully validate product-market-fit and is scaling towards a Series A fundraise.
You will work in a very autonomous, high-trust environment with real upside and room for growth. You will be responsible for actively contributing to our pipeline health, establishing our sales org culture, and driving top line revenue!
As an Sales Development Representative, you will:
- Book Demos: your number one responsibility will be pipeline generation. You will do this through messaging across various mediums (email, LinkedIn, etc.), calls, and when available, in-person meet-ups.
- Execute and iterate our sales playbook: leverage our existing outbound sales playbook to book demos.
- Impact our Sales Strategy: you will be empowered to iterate and improve our outbound sales playbook and broader sales strategy as you uncover learnings.
- Lightweight Sales Ops work: we do not have a dedicated Sales Ops team so you will be required to do some sales ops work as it pertains to prospecting and logging your activity.
- Cross-functional work: you will collaborate with the sales and marketing team on a daily basis, and will be collaborating with other functions like customer success and coaching on a weekly basis.
- Define how we work: we are a small scrappy sales team. Be a core contributor in defining our processes, how we work, and our sales culture as we scale.
- Think outside the box: get creative! Test new sales techniques, explore new distribution channels, experiment with new practices.
Who We’re Looking For
The ideal candidate cares about people and providing others the tools they need to thrive in their careers. They work with empathy, are accountable to their teammates, and are willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
- 1-2 years of SDR or BDR experience in startup environments.
- You have experience working within a modern Sales tech stack. Our main tools are Hubspot, Apollo, Notion and Slack.
- You are passionate about the value of career coaching and mentorship. You believe in Mento’s product and mission.
- You are competitive. You love closing a deal and the thrill of the sales process.
- You are a strong communicator — when working with internal and external parties, you are able to clearly articulate problems, constraints, rules, and timelines.
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced, unstructured, startup environment.
- You have a strong work ethic, and a high degree of conscientiousness, but you also don’t take things too seriously and understand the importance of work-life balance.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. We truly don’t care about your credentials! If you’re passionate about helping more people access sustainable, better paid careers, we want to hear from you.