Data Scientist Coach
About The Role
We are looking for senior leaders in the tech industry with extensive knowledge and expertise in machine learning, AI, and data science. Our ideal candidates are passionate about fostering learning, growth, and community and are dedicated to developing and coaching individuals in their field.
Since you don’t need coaching experience to be a coach at Mento, candidates who receive an offer will participate in our coach training program to learn hands-on skills as a coach and engage with our coaching community before you work with our members.
Your routine responsibilities will include:
- Providing 1:1 coaching, feedback, and support through virtual sessions and the Mento Platform
- Participating in weekly training sessions to improve coaching abilities and skills
- Communicating with members via the Mento Platform for important life events outside of sessions
- Being an integral member of the Mento coaching community by sharing coaching tools and insights — helping enhance our coaching practices and fulfill our mission of empowering people to thrive in jobs that they love
- Acting with kindness, respect, and empathy as an ambassador of the Mento community
Who are you?
- A leader in data science with expertise in machine learning and AI, along with 10+ years experience managing teams and coaching individuals within enterprises/start-ups
- Passionate about coaching and have meaningful coaching experience, either informally or formally. A coaching certification is a major plus.
- Someone that wants to turn their people leadership skills into meaningful coaching skills.
- A person who is self-aware, who has a high emotional IQ, and who cares about creating a safe space for others to risk being vulnerable.
- Excited about growing your coaching skills, and you bring a growth-mindset to the experience, regardless of how long you have been a coach.
- Comfortable working in a constantly-changing startup environment.
- This is a contract position in which coaches are paid per hour. On top of a flat hourly rate, we offer bonuses that incentivizes engagement with our membership and community growth on our platform
- You must have the capacity to give a minimum of three to five hours per week towards Mento.
- We ask that you commit to working with Mento for 12 months in order to build meaningful relationships with our members.
- This is a fully remote position. Candidates must be based in North America or Europe.
- Because this is a part-time growth opportunity, we are looking to hire experienced senior leaders who want to expand their coaching skills
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Research shows that candidates from unrepresented backgrounds may not apply to jobs unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all the requirements.