About The Role
We are looking for startup leaders (i.e., C-Suite, Founders) with a successful track record of building and growing venture-backed companies with expertise spanning fundraising, scaling products, teams, and cultures, and navigating exits/acquisitions, and beyond. As a Mento Founder Coach, you will take your learnings and experience and combine them with your passion for coaching, mentorship, and community to coach Mento’s incredible community of C-Suite leaders and Founders.
In this role, you will form 1-on-1 coaching partnerships with our executive members to help them clearly define their goals, answer challenging questions, grow into better leaders, and problem-solve more effectively alongside the dynamic journey of start-ups.
Your routine responsibilities will include:
- Providing 1:1 coaching, mentoring, feedback, and support through weekly or bi-weekly virtual sessions on the Mento Platform
- Being available for brief async support in between sessions
- Participating in weekly training sessions to improve coaching abilities
- Being an integral member of the Mento coaching community by sharing coaching tools and insights—helping empower our coach community and fulfill our mission of empowering people to thrive in jobs that they love
Who are you?
- An experienced founder, c-suite officer or experienced investor with 15+ years of experience leading tech companies and start-ups. You have experience with fundraising, growth, honing PMF, building successful teams, and have experienced the unique set of challenges of starting and scaling companies.
- Passionate about coaching and have meaningful coaching experience, either informally or formally. A coaching certification is a major plus.
- You have a desire to invest in your coaching and make coaching a meaningful part of your life.
- A start-up enthusiast! You love to use your start-up experience to coach people who are founding and executive members of pre-seed through pre-IPO companies.
- Passionate about helping people advance in their workplace and industry and build fulfilling careers and lives.
- A person who is self-aware, who has a high emotional IQ, and who cares about creating a safe space for others to be vulnerable.
- You are excited and serious about growing your coaching skills. You bring a growth mindset to the experience, regardless of how long you have been an executive or a coach.
- Comfortable working in a constantly-changing startup environment and are excited about the opportunity to contribute to a growing community.
Position titles that some of our current Founder coaches hold or have held …
- Founder or Co-Founder
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Chief Operating Officer (COO)
- Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Chief Marketing Officer (CMO)
- Chief People Officer (CPO)
- Managing Partner/Investor
- This is a contract position in which coaches are paid per hour. On top of a flat hourly rate, we offer bonuses as well.
- This is a fully remote position. Candidates must be based in North America or Europe.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Research shows that candidates from unrepresented backgrounds may not apply to jobs unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all the requirements.