About The Role
We are looking for senior leaders in product roles with experience in the tech industry who value learning, growth, and community and who are passionate about developing and coaching people in their field.
As a Mento coach, you will form 1:1 partnerships with our members to help them define their north star, identify clear goals, become a better leader, communicate more effectively, problem solve issues at work, and help them feel happy, fulfilled, and engaged at work and beyond.
Since you don’t need coaching experience to be a coach at Mento, all Mento coaches participate in our coach onboarding program to learn hands-on skills as a coach and engage with our coaching community before you work with our members.
Your routine responsibilities will include:
- Providing 1:1 coaching, feedback, and support through virtual sessions and the Mento Platform
- Participating in weekly training sessions to improve coaching abilities and skills
- Communicating with members via the Mento Platform for important life events outside of sessions
- Being an integral member of the Mento coaching community by sharing coaching tools and insights — helping enhance our coaching practices and fulfill our mission of empowering people to thrive in jobs that they love
- Acting with kindness, respect, and empathy as an ambassador of the Mento community
Who are you?
- A Head of Product, VP of Product, CPO or other senior product leader with 10+ years experience managing product teams and coaching project managers (coaching certificates are not required but a plus).
- Someone that wants to turn their people leadership skills into meaningful coaching skills.
- Passionate about helping people advance in the workplace and build fulfilling careers and lives.
- A person who is self aware, who has a high emotional IQ, and who cares about creating a safe space for others to risk being vulnerable.
- Excited about growing your coaching skills, and you bring a growth-mindset to the experience, regardless of how long you have been a coach.
- Comfortable working in a constantly-changing startup environment.
- This is a contract position in which coaches are paid per hour. On top of a flat hourly rate, we offer bonuses that incentivizes engagement with our membership and community growth on our platform
- You must have the capacity to give a minimum of three to five hours per week towards Mento.
- We ask that you commit to working with Mento for 12 months in order to build meaningful relationships with our members.
- This is a fully remote position. Candidates must be based in North America or Europe.
- Because this is a part-time growth opportunity, we are looking to hire experienced senior leaders who want to expand their coaching skills
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
Something looks off?