Operations & Strategy Coach
About The Role
We are looking for senior leaders in strategy & operations roles with experience in the tech industry who value learning, growth, and community and who are passionate about developing and coaching people in their field.
As a Mento coach, you will form 1:1 partnerships with our members to help them define their north star, identify clear goals, become a better leader, communicate more effectively, problem solve issues at work, and help them feel happy, fulfilled, and engaged at work and beyond.
Since you don’t need coaching experience to be a coach at Mento, all Mento coaches participate in our coach onboarding program to learn hands-on skills as a coach and engage with our coaching community before you work with our members.
Your routine responsibilities will include:
- Providing 1:1 coaching, feedback, and support through virtual sessions and the Mento Platform
- Participating in weekly training sessions to improve coaching abilities and skills
- Communicating with members via the Mento Platform for important life events outside of sessions
- Being an integral member of the Mento coaching community by sharing coaching tools and insights — helping enhance our coaching practices and fulfill our mission of empowering people to thrive in jobs that they love
- Acting with kindness, respect, and empathy as an ambassador of the Mento community
Who are you?
- A director, vice president, or other senior strategy & operations leader with 10+ years experience managing strategy & ops teams and coaching individuals (coaching certificates are not required but a plus).
- Someone that wants to turn their people leadership skills into meaningful coaching skills.
- Passionate about helping people advance in the workplace and build fulfilling careers and lives.
- A person who is self aware, who has a high emotional IQ, and who cares about creating a safe space for others to risk being vulnerable.
- Excited about growing your coaching skills, and you bring a growth-mindset to the experience, regardless of how long you have been a coach.
- Comfortable working in a constantly-changing startup environment.
- This is a contract position in which coaches are paid per hour. On top of a flat hourly rate, we offer bonuses that incentivizes engagement with our membership and community growth on our platform
- You must have the capacity to give a minimum of three to five hours per week towards Mento.
- We ask that you commit to working with Mento for 12 months in order to build meaningful relationships with our members.
- This is a fully remote position. Candidates must be based in North America or Europe.
- Because this is a part-time growth opportunity, we are looking to hire experienced senior leaders who want to expand their coaching skills
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
Something looks off?