Senior Back End Engineer
Job Description – Senior Backend Engineer
We’re here to introduce the world to Bitcoin. Fold makes it easy to earn bitcoin, instead of airline miles and hotel points, on everyday purchases via our mobile app and the Fold Visa Debit Card. We’re growing like crazy with a loyal (and loud!) community which has generated a lot of buzz (Fortune, Bloomberg).
Fold’s Senior Backend Engineer will work alongside our leadership team to manage the development of the Fold Card. This position requires a thoughtful and enthusiastic professional who is passionate about creating best-in-class products and bringing the Fold’s vision for the card to life.
*How You’ll Drive the Development of the Fold Card *
- Collaborate with an existing team of engineers onsite and remotely
- Attend onsite working sessions in the Bay Area, CA or other locations in the US every 6 to 8 weeks
- Partner closely with customer support specialists as needed to resolve issues
- Participate in epic, story and requirements definition
- Participate in daily scrums, weekly planning and other Agile/team driven activities
- Build web applications, mobile applications, transactional systems, 3rd party integrations, internal tools, and all other systems required for the operations of the products
Why We’ll Love You
- Building and launching consumer-focused products
- With best practices for product development across various methodologies, including Agile, Kanban and Lean UX
- Working with bitcoin or interfacing with a lightning node
- With e-commerce and/or payments products
*Why You’ll Love Us *
Fold is fun. Our people are fun, our product is fun. We make financial freedom fun. We try to make our benefits fun, too!
- We’re a highly collaborative, fully remote team
- Generous benefits, including paid parental leave, health, vision, dental insurance, and HSA/FSA and
- Generous 401k match
- Monthly work from home stipend
- Unlimited time off policy
- Yearly vacation stipend. We pay you to go on vacation, as long as you don’t do any work!
- Annual company retreats and optional mini onsites every quarter for our remote team to meet and cowork
- Do you hate Mondays? We close the office the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month and you’ll never have Monday meetings
- If you’re feeling spontaneous, spin on our “Spin and Go Weekend Wheel” during a weekly meeting and we’ll pay you to go travel that weekend wherever it lands.
- New to Bitcoin? We offer all our new hires a “starter pack” to get you up to speed, including learning materials about Bitcoin and your own hardware wallet.
- And much much more!
*Sr. Backend Engineer Requirements: *
- 5+ years working with Python (bonus points for Django knowledge)
- Experience within an Agile environment
- US Residency (a current requirement of being a Fold Card holder)
- Nice to have: experience working on gaming and/or fintech products
- Nice to have: experience with Kubernetes
- Send cover letter and resume to [email hidden]
- Interested in the position, but don’t meet all the requirements? We’d still love to meet you, and invite you to apply. Fold is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t discriminate against applicants for any reason.
Something looks off?