Lead Product Manager
Posted on Saturday, November 5, 2022
Fable is a mission-driven start-up based in Silicon Valley, founded in 2019 by global tech industry veteran Padmasree Warrior.
We are building Fable because stress, anxiety, depression, and social isolation are on the rise and affecting people globally, across all age and income levels — and we can help. Stories promote empathy, emotional intelligence, and other cognitive abilities that can lead to better mental health. Just 30 minutes of reading every day can improve our mental well-being. Fable helps our community make reading a daily healthy habit. Community members enjoy the many benefits of reading while making deeper human connections with other readers. We are backed by top investors, including Redpoint Ventures, Tiger Global, M13, Gaingels, and notable angel investors who believe in our mission and team.
🏗 WHAT WE ARE BUILDING
Fable is a community-powered platform for discovering, reading, and discussing books, articles, and podcasts, for deeper connections, upskilling, and mental wellness.
Fable makes it easy for people to discover, join and build communities to read together based on their interest graph. Fable members read together, sharing highlights, comments and insights. We make reading interactive and fun in the Fable eReader.
Fable helps people organize all of their reading in one central place. Members can create reading “Lists,” share their lists, follow other members, import their reading lists from other platforms, and rate and review books. We make personalized recommendations based on your reading preferences.
Every day, Fable helps members set and reach their reading goals to reap the wellness benefits of reading. Our communities set their own milestones to pace themselves and fill the micro-moments in their lives with stories.
We’re looking for an experienced Lead Product Manager to join our distributed team in building the world’s best platform for social reading and exceptional stories.
This is a critical role for Fable where you will lead a key part of our product focused on the social reading platform and enabling growth loops.
💪🏽 WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Develop and own the product vision, strategy and roadmap for the social and growth pillars of the Fable platform
- Identify new expansion opportunities that will lead to increased engagement and retention on Fable's social reading platform
- Lead a full stack development team (we call them squads) that consists of design + engineering to deliver against an ambitious roadmap
- Own features end-to-end from concept through launch and beyond to deliver meaningful business impact
- Work with our data and user research teams to combine the power of quantitative and qualitative data to inform our vision, strategy, and roadmap
✔️ SKILLS YOU WILL NEED
- Minimum 10 years of product management experience w/ a growth mindset
- Experience with growth and/or monetization in a social or consumer mobile product
- High attention to detail
- Track record of successful impact in a start-up/scaling businesses
😊 IS THIS YOU?
- You’re analytical and highly data-driven.
- You take ownership and responsibility and can drive projects to get impactful results.
- You love working with smart, fun, sincere and dedicated peers.
- You want to be the one to make it happen.
- You are resilient and can cope with ambiguity.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and at times unpredictable start-up environment.
👐🏽 YOUR TEAM AT FABLE
At Fable, you'll join a passionate, high-performing and empathetic team of people who love stories. We are proud to work on a purpose-driven product with a mission of improving mental wellness. We are a tech company with the soul of an artist. We are an early-stage startup and as such a constant work in progress. We have no time for bureaucracy and are looking for leaders, not spectators. We listen, understand, and consider before we judge. We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and have a set of values that are an integral part of our company culture. Please check out our diversity and inclusion manifesto and company values here.
🔑 WHY WORK AT FABLE
This is a unique opportunity if you are looking to join a small team making a big impact, and work on a fast-growing product while having fun along the way.
- Annual Base Pay for this role: $120k - $185k (dependent on location and commensurate with experience)
- Competitive stock options
- Comprehensive health and dental plans
- Flexible vacation days
- Self contributing 401k
- Open and transparent culture
- Parental leave (we believe in life integration not just work-life balance)
- Work from anywhere, any time
WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT FABLE?
- Check out our Founder’s message, meet our team and read our principles to make sure we are right for you
- Read more about Fable in Fortune and Marie Claire
- Listen to our Founder talk about mental wellness and stories
See more open positions at Fable
Something looks off?