Senior Software Engineer
Role We are looking for an experienced Fullstack Developer to help grow and scale both our backend and frontend architecture. We will work together to tackle unique problems and lead projects using the latest technologies and services. Your responsibilities will include designing, developing, and maintaining Severless NodeJS Lambda functions and securing / restructuring AWS services. We are building a complex business and will be working on several tools to help optimize the business flow, including building react-native apps, integrating mortgage / title companies and much more.
- Collaborating with the cross-functional team to dream up, prioritize, design, and implement new customer facing features and internal tools.
- Work with an energetic product and design team to architect scalable code and collaborate on product roadmaps.
- Understand the current application infrastructure and implement improvements.
- Define and document best practices and strategies regarding application deployment and infrastructure maintenance.
- Measure business performance by implementing data analytics and efficiency tools
Who you are
- A curious and collaborative approach to software development. You are eager to learn, teach others and encourage everyone to ask questions.
- A history of leading projects to success and having a sense of ownership from the idea conception through its fruition.
- At least 3+ years experience writing production code with a team of software engineers.
- Experience with React hooks and materialUI as well as backend development, including database architecture and API design.
- Experience with the core AWS services and security best practices (e.g. using IAM Roles, secrets, AWS organizations, AWS STS, etc.).
- Curiosity around learning new technologies such as Serverless Stack (SST)
- Interested in real estate and finance to help understand problems and develop solutions.
- Ownership mentality - all Doorvest team members are granted significant equity in the company and we expect team members to have high levels of ownership. This means no hard budgets, micromanagement, etc.
- Hungry - we’re looking for folks that are eager to learn and constantly scouting for opportunities to push the company forward, this will ultimately lead to outsized success in their own personal development.
- Rolling with the punches - early-stage startups are extremely rewarding but things are not always glitz and glamour. Behind the scenes, there are many challenges we must overcome to bring to life something that’s never previously existed.
Our tech stack is constantly evolving as we bring in new engineers and improve our workflows. Currently this is our tech stack:
- Redux toolkit
- Material UI
- Postgres and Dynamo for storage
- AWS Serverless infrastructure, Lambda with Node
- Serverless Stack (SST)