SDK Engineering Manager
- Hire, retain and grow amazing engineering talent for Canvas Medical
- Build a high-performing, user-centric engineering team that consistently delivers high-impact work that meets our users’ and customers’ needs
- Contribute to product strategy and partner with other engineering teams, design, product, customer success, and others to create solutions to address evolving customer needs
- Set the technical vision and lead technical decisions for your team to ensure the team writes simple, clean, and efficient code to create intuitive, beautiful products.
- Shape and manage team goals to support timely, effective execution.
- Bring clarity when faced with ambiguity; motivate and guide the team through complex problem solving.
- Dive into the details as needed, writing code, reviewing team members’ code, and providing coaching and feedback to ensure the highest quality.
- Develop and finalize architectural plans in coordination with other Engineering teams.
- A leader who has led teams to build developer-facing products from start to finish.
- Subject matter expert on developer tools, developer lifecycle, distribution, deployment and instrumentation.
- Experience in securely sandboxing user-provided code, and designing validation pipelines to detect malicious or inadvertently dangerous instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business and user needs into a technical vision and product development roadmap.
- Experience developing leaders in the team.
- Technical depth and breadth of experience to help team members understand and overcome technical challenges efficiently and effectively.
- Experience collaborating closely with product, design, customer success and other business functions to creatively solve customer needs.
- Reputation as a valued thought partner and dependable leader across the organization.
- Deep critical reasoning skills and strong business judgment to make sound decisions and provide clear rationale.
- Entrepreneurial mindset; ability to innovate and think outside the box.
- Sense of urgency; desire to move quickly and ship things.
- Python and Django expertise highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Science disciplines, or comparable STEM-related degree.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as an organizational and people leader.