Senior Product Engineer
Our team is on a mission to make sure everyone has a great manager. The amount of knowledge that exists in psychology research about leadership and teams is mind blowing, but surprisingly enough, almost none of it is used on a daily basis: in your sprints, stand-ups, one-on-ones or performance feedback.
We want to change that.
We're looking for a product engineer to join our team full of entrepreneurs to build the Bunch coach (currently iOS, soon Android too) we’ve released on the AppStore in July.
- You care about what you build. You don’t just code for a paycheck, but for a cause. You have a list of companies you’d never work for, and a list of things you want to change in the world (we hope to be in the latter! 😅)
- You need to build products that you love, just as much as the users you build it for. For you, the products that you build are far more important than the tech you use to build them. At the end of the day, the only that matters is that users are delighted.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset. Even when you don’t feel confident, you take risks and seize opportunities, knowing that failing is the fastest way to grow.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Ship what you build right into the hand of users. You own the process of delivering features in a delightful way, just as much as you own the process of building them.
- Proactively learn about how people use what you’ve built and shipped. You won’t stick to tech stuff only, such as from performance traces, logs, crash reports; you will also learn from users directly, what they’re saying on Twitter or what comes out from user interviews, etc.
- Help the team grow our user base: at Bunch, growth and product are the same thing. The reason why? They both need to delight our users, and serve the same goal: help people become better leaders.
- Ensure that the experiences you deliver to users are frictionless, even if takes more time or 10x more effort to iron out details until they're perfect.
- Collaborate and pair program, mostly focused on our backend, but you’ll also jump on some React frontend and help our iOS app now and then.
- You will work other techies, the CTO, Product people (incl. the CEO), our Growth team but also our content team, creating the amazing scientifically backed tips that make the core of our App! This team is as cross-functional as it gets.
- You’ll get involved in hiring your peers. Whether helping to reach out a more diverse audience, getting in touch with people you admire and want to work with, or take part in mentoring and other activities to build your own network.
WHAT DO YOU NEED
We don’t believe what people are capable of is defined by X years of experience, but this is a list of things you should comfortable doing, as you'll ramp up quite fast on it in the first few weeks.
If you don’t check all the marks, get in touch with us anyway and show us what you’ve built: that's what really matters here.
- Enough experience to be “fluent” in building backend without being stuck on technical implementation. Your code happens like clockwork, and lets you focus on the problem you’re solving, and how users will feel when interacting with it.
- Quality mindset: QA is not just unit tests, E2E or manual testing. You use those on a regular basis, but you also know how to find the weak spot in a product process that end up in degrading the experience for users, and suggest improvements to raise the bar.
- Operational excellence: you are familiar with DevOps practices, and establish solid monitoring and observability in what you built. Your goal: know about problems before users report them, and fix them.
- Setting up and suggesting A/B tests is routine work for you, just as measuring them and iterating on features.
- Debugging and optimizing performance hold no secrets for you. You know how to use your tools, and can optimize anything to load fast.
- You measure what you ship, and learn from it. You are familiar with setting-up analytics, while respecting people's privacy.
Where's the tech stuff? 🤓👩🏾💻
Here's the buzzwords galore you've been waiting for:
NodeJS and TypeScript, Python, Google Cloud Platform, Firebase, SwiftUI, Reactive architecture, Functional Programming, Segment and Amplitude.
Meet the team and dive deeper into our company and culture here
So what now? How to get in?
Alright, this is how it usually goes:
- Chat with one of the founders: Anthony, Charles or Darja
- Meet the tech team to talk about our tech stack and the nitty gritty details
- Do a pair programming session, on our real codebase
- Get to know [the team] and take a deep dive into the Bunch Culture (https://www.notion.so/bunch2/613209d7703041478b3a2dc1ed87bfca?v=5768bb111f254653bad18004fabc2737)
- Get an offer, and learn with us (if you need) about owning shares in a startup
- Negotiate & close the deal 🎉
- Have an amazing onboarding with the team: we have special plans your for very first week!