Software Engineer - Full Stack (Remote)
We founded Allocate with the simple mission of making investing in top-tier private alternatives within the technology sector more accessible for a broader set of investors.
We believe that the mark of healthy and efficient markets requires the financial inclusion of all qualified market participants.
However, despite significant demand, investing in private technology-focused alternatives is more complex than ever as discovery, investment diligence and selection, access, and deal execution are substantial roadblocks.
With Allocate, investors can find, invest (through Allocate SPV feeders), and track highly vetted opportunities through our turnkey digital platform in a single, easy-to-use interface.
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to produce scalable software solutions. You’ll be part of a cross-functional team responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment & operations.
There’s a lot to be built, and we need someone with a broad skill set who can immediately contribute to delivering our product roadmap. We are passionate about delivering software we are proud of while having fun developing it. Our engineers take pride in their craft and are always learning new technologies and ways of doing things. We expect any candidate for this position to bring that attitude towards continuous improvement.
Responsibilities include (but would not be limited to):
- Being comfortable with both front-end and back-end coding languages (see Qualifications)
- Being a team player with a knack for visual design and utility
- Ability to work with peers in other areas of the organization to ideate and iterate on software solutions
- Ability to deliver new features across our entire software stack, from the UI, through the APIs and to the Database
- A strong awareness of cybersecurity, helping ensure our applications comply with our security standards
- Build reusable, testable code that will help drive engineering maturity and efficiency
1-3 years of Professional Software Engineering experience
Ability to participate in a Git-based development environment with standard work management tooling
Ability to write and maintain back-end software, write REST APIs (C# / dotnet 6) and unit/integration tests
Ability to read and write queries in our Database (Postgres preferred, but other SQL experience will transfer well) and work with an ORM (Dapper)
Basic understanding of common AWS services
Ability to translate requirements into software and have autonomy and ownership to work without supervision. When you need more information, you track down the person who can give you an answer.
Entrepreneurial spirit. You are self-directed, innovative, and biased towards action in fast-paced environments. You love to build new things and thrive in ambiguity and even failure
Strong communication skills with a pragmatic and proactive attitude
Experience delivering software that is correct, stable, and security-compliant
Experience with troubleshooting issues - interpreting stack traces, verifying data in logs, manipulating data, thinking outside the box to recreate issues, etc.
A desire to grow both as an engineer and a leader
Nice to Haves:
Familiarity with AWS high-level concepts
Familiarity with Docker
Familiarity with CI pipelines
Familiarity with Agile development practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
Essential Values & Culture
- Providing our clients with a world-class experience is our number one priority. We obsessively search for ways to improve the experience for our clients and partners. This requires extraordinary response times, proactivity, and ensuring that everything we do, from product strategy to offline communications, is a top-tier client experience.
- Challenge convention: Instead of detailing why an idea may not work, we constantly question things to determine how a viable idea may be put into motion.
- Commitment to continuous improvement: We find ways to personally scale each day by pushing ourselves up the learning curve.
- Meritocracy, not politics: We place the utmost value on results and rewards through merit, not reward actions driven by political agendas or behavior.
- Civil Discourse is embraced: We believe open, intellectually curious conversations are required to make the best decisions. Respect is paramount in our dealings, but our mission is always to get the right answer collectively, not to be right.
- Fully Remote Position
- A broadband internet connection is required
- Seniority: 1-3 years of experience
- Location: All US candidates will be considered
- Salary: $110k-135k + bonus + equity
- Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, responsible time off (RTO), 401k
- Employment: Full-time
- This role will be subject to Allocate's Code of Ethics and related compliance obligations of Allocate
Submit Your Application
- You have errors in applying